This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: October 6, 2020 / Feature Released: Coming Soon!
Limited ReleaseThese features are being released in phases and may not be available on your Procore account at this time. For more information, please reach out to your Procore point of contact.
Create Custom Fields for the Submittals Tool
Procore will soon be adding the ability to create custom fields in the Company level Admin tool for the project's Submittals tool. These custom fields will function like other fields in Procore and can be included in reports in the Company and Project level Reports tools. See Create New Custom Fields.
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool will be able to create custom fields from either the Custom Fields tab or within a configurable fieldset (new or existing) from the Fieldsets tab in the Submittals tool settings pages in the Company level Admin tool. Custom fields need to be added to a configurable fieldset in order to be used on one or more projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets and Edit Configurable Fieldsets.
- Custom fields must have unique names.
- A fieldset can have a maximum of 10 custom fields.
- Only one version of each fieldset can be applied to a project at a time.
- Custom fields can be removed from configurable fieldsets, but this does not remove the data associated with that field. See Remove Custom Fields from Configurable Fieldsets.
- Custom fields are available via Procore's API (Read/Write) and custom reporting at the Company and Project level.
- Custom fields for the project's Submittals tool are not currently reportable in Procore Analytics.
Create Custom Sections for Custom Fields for the Submittals Tool
In addition to custom fields, Procore will soon add the ability to create custom sections for the project's Submittals tool. Custom sections will allow you to group custom fields together in one or more separate, user-defined sections. Custom sections will be displayed below a submittal's 'General Information' section. See Create Custom Sections.
- What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
- What are custom sections and which Procore tools support them?
- What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.