Drawings and Specifications: Configurable Fieldsets and Custom Fields
This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: May 05, 2020 / Feature Released: June 04, 2020
This documentation details prerelease software. Its accuracy and reliability is not guaranteed by Procore Technologies, Inc. and it is subject to change without notice. It is being provided online for preliminary evaluation prior to an upcoming release. Procore is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this documentation and will not be responsible for any harm, loss, costs, or damages incurred due to its use.
Create Fieldsets and Custom Fields for Drawings and Specifications
Company Admins can now create new configurable fieldsets for the Drawings and Specifications tools to designate which fields are required, optional, or hidden within projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets. After a fieldset is created, new custom fields can also be created and applied to projects' Drawings and Specifications tools. See Create New Custom Fields.
With the ability to customize fields, you can ensure important information related to drawings and specifications is entered, and later create custom reports off this custom data. Configurations for fieldsets and custom fields are reflected in projects on Procore's web and mobile applications, so your configurations and custom fields are always presented.
Note: This release is part of a larger initiative to modernize the Drawings tool and introduce additional features. Minor changes were made for editing drawings, however larger improvements will be coming soon. See Edit Drawings.
- Only the 'Received Date' field can be hidden in a configurable fieldset for Drawings and Specifications.
- Previously created custom fields can be selected to add to a fieldset.
- You can add up to 10 custom fields per fieldset, and they can be arranged in any order after Procore's default fields.
- Custom fields that you create can also be configured.
- If you want a custom field to be mandatory, you can mark it as required. See Edit Configurable Fieldsets.
- If you no longer want a custom field to appear, you can hide it by turning it off, or delete it completely. See Remove Custom Fields from Configurable Fieldsets.
- The Specifications tool must be active for projects in your account in order to create configurable fieldsets and custom fields for specifications. This feature is not available for specifications imported to the Admin tool.
Preview - Specifications
Preview - Drawings
- Which fields in the Drawings tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
- Which fields in the Specifications tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
- Create New Configurable Fieldsets
- Create New Custom Fields
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.