To add a response to an RFI as one of its Assignees using the Project level RFIs tools.
If you are designated as an 'Assignee' on an RFI, you will need to submit your response to the RFI by the Due Date that has been specified. To do this, use the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission to the Project level RFIs tool.
- To add a response to an RFI, you must be designated as a person in the 'Assignee' on an RFI in the 'Open' status.
- Additional Information:
- In addition to adding a response to an RFI, assignee(s) on an RFI can also add other assignee(s) to the RFI. See Add Assignees to an RFI as an Assignee on an RFI.
- Navigate to the Project level RFIs tool.
This reveals the RFIs page.
- Locate the RFI in the list. Then click the View button.
This opens the RFI.
Note: There are several ways other ways to open an RFI when you are an assignee. To learn more, see How do I open an RFI as an assignee?
- In the RFI, ensure the General tab is selected.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Under the Question + Responses area, click Add Response.
This activates the entry text box.
- Type your response in the text box.
Important! After you post the response, you will NOT have the ability to modify it.
- Click Post Response.
A banner appears to confirm your response was successfully posted.
Note: The system also changes the Ball In Court responsibility on the RFI to the RFI Manager.
- (Optional) If you want to enter an additional response, you can click Add Response again. Then repeat the steps above to add another response.