To update a Microsoft Project, Asta or Phoenix schedule that has been integrated with a Procore project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permission on the project's Schedule tool.
- In order to perform the steps below, you must have a computer running:
- A supported version of Microsoft Windows.
- Microsoft Project, Asta or Phoenix software that is compatible with your Microsoft Project, Asta or Phoenix schedule file.
- Important! After a Microsoft Project, Asta or Phoenix schedule has been integrated with Procore, it cannot be updated in Procore. However, you can use the steps below to open the integrated schedule from Procore Drive and then update the file in Microsoft Project, Asta or Phoenix software. This way, when you save your changes in Microsoft Project, Asta or Phoenix, the file is automatically updated in Procore.
NoteMicrosoft Project, Asta and Phoenix are not the only schedule files that are compatible and able to be intergated with a Procore project. For more information about compatible schedule files see Upload a Project Schedule File to Procore's Web Application.
- Launch Procore Drive. (e.g., Start > Programs > Procore Drive).
- Select your company name and project from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Schedule tool.
- Click Launch Schedule.
Note: The project schedule file will be opened directly in the scheduling software, not in Procore Drive.
- Make any necessary updates to the schedule file.
- Click Save.
Note: It is important that you click Save and not Save As. If you click Save As to save your progress to a new file, this file will not be sent to Procore, as it is not the linked file.
- If you are using MS Project Desktop and have added the Procore Built Add-in, a pop up will appear for each change made. Enter a change reason and the information will be sent directly to Procore and be associated with that schedule activity when saved. It will be visible in the task items details page of Procore.
Note: If you would like Procore to automatically send a notification to members of your team when schedule updates are uploaded to the Schedule tool, mark the "Upon Schedule Changes" option in the Configure Schedule Notification Emails.