Can I copy one project's Documents folders to a new project?
Yes. Below details how to do this from an active project to another existing active project. However, Procore recommends that you Configure a Project Template to use when you create new projects in the future.
If your organization uses a standard set of folders and sub-folders (e.g., "Faxes", "Plans", "Permits," etc.) for every project, you can copy the folder and sub-folder hierarchy from an existing project to a new project in Procore. Copies can only be made from an existing project (a.k.a., the 'source' project) to the new project (a.k.a., the 'target' project).
- Log in to Procore using an account with 'Admin' level permission to the Documents tool
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool.
This reveals the Documents page.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
This reveals the Document Settings page.
- Scroll to the 'Copy Folder Structure from Another Project' are.
- Select the desired project from the From Project list.
- Click Copy.
This copies the folder structure from the selected source project in Procore into the target project. (Note: Copy an existing folder structure to a new project will bring over ONLY the folders and sub-folders, not the files contained in those folders. If you would like to copy files from another project, move the files to the folder with the project's name as the title before copying.