What are the default 'Scope' options for change events in Procore?
When creating or editing a change event in a Procore project, you can select one of Procore's pre-defined 'Scope' options to classify the scope of the change being considered.
The table below details the different options in the 'Scope' drop-down list of a change event.
|Status||When creating or editing a change event...||When creating or editing a change event with 'Revenue ROM'...|
|Out of Scope||
Information about the 'Scope' Setting and 'Revenue ROM'
If you are using the 'Revenue ROM' feature (see Create a Change Event with Revenue ROM), important things to keep in mind about the 'Scope' setting on a change event are detailed below:
- When applied to a change event, the 'Scope' setting affects the default 'Revenue ROM' value of line items.
- You can view and edit the 'Revenue ROM' value on line items or in the 'Detail' tab on the project's Change Events tool.
- If you update the 'Scope' setting after creating a change event, a checkbox appears to give you the option to 'Update the Revenue ROMS' for all change event line items. This checkbox is selected by default. To preserve the existing 'Revenue ROM' values, remove the checkmark from the box.
- If your change event line items have a mix of different scopes, always select the scope that applies to most of the line items.
To learn how to manage change event line items with a mix of different scopes, review this example:
You have created a change event with ten (10) line items:
- Eight (8) of the change event line items are Out of Scope.
- Two (2) of the change event line items are In Scope.
It is recommended that you set the 'Scope' on the change event to Out of Scope:
- When you set the scope to Out of Scope for the (10) change event line items, all of the line items default to Automatically Use Latest Cost.
- You can then edit the 'Revenue ROM' on the two (2) In Scope items to No Revenue Expected.