A plugin is a software component that is installed onto your computer to add a feature into an existing application. Procore offers two Building Information Modeling (BIM) plugins to use in programs such as Autodesk® Navisworks®, Revit®, and AutoCAD®. See Procore BIM Plugins. After the plugins are installed, the respective program will have a 'Procore' tab where you can perform tasks designed to streamline your BIM workflows.
There are two separate installers described below:
VDC Plugin for Coordination Issues, Models, and Locations
Allows you to create and manage coordination issues directly in Navisworks®, publish models from Navisworks® for use on mobile and web viewers, and publish grid information from Revit® to leverage 2D Views on iOS. You can also streamline your project locations setup by exporting Levels and Rooms directly out of Revit® to Locations in Procore.
- You must have the Coordination Issues or Models tools in Procore to use the plugin for Navisworks® or 2D Views feature.
- You must have Admin permissions to the project's Admin tool in order to export locations from Revit®.
Documents Plugin for Autodesk®
Allows you to export content directly from AutoCAD® or Revit® to the Documents tool in Procore, open and append Procore documents into Navisworks®, and save files to the Documents tool in Procore.
Note: You must have access to a project's Documents tool in Procore.
- The Procore plugins can only be used on Windows computers, and must be installed on the same computer that you have Navisworks®, Revit®, or AutoCAD® installed.
- The plugins can currently be used with the following programs:
- Navisworks® Manage (versions 2019-2023).
- Navisworks® Simulate (versions 2019-2023).
- Revit® (2019-2023).
- AutoCAD® products (2019-2023):
- AutoCAD Electrical
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- Architectural Desktop
- Inventor Professional
- Inventor Professional for Routed Systems
- Inventor Professional for Simulation
- Inventor Series
- AutoCAD OEM
- Autodesk Civil
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- Land Desktop
- AutoCAD Map 3D
- AutoCAD MEP
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- AutoCAD P & ID - 2D