To email incidents from the Incidents tool to those who need to be aware of the details of the incident.
The email functionality on the Incidents tool allows you to send the details of an incident to team members' email inbox. This might be helpful if team members would like a copy of the incidents outside of Procore or if you'd like to begin a private discussion about the incident with a single person or group of people.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To email an incident you created: 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the Incidents tool.
- To email any incident: 'Admin' level permissions on the Incidents tool.
- Navigate to the project's Incidents tool.
- Locate the incident that you want to forward and click View.
- Click the Emails tab.
- Click New Email.
- Start typing in the "To" field and click the names of the individuals to whom you want to send an email.
- Include who you would like to CC.
- You will automatically be CC'd on the email.
- If you would like the email to only be accessible to people involved in the email and Incident 'Admin' users, mark the checkbox next to Private.
- If you want to allow all 'Admin' and 'Standard' level users to view the email communications in the Email subtab of the incident, remove the checkmark from the Private box.
- The subject of the email is automatically populated with "FW: Incident: [incident #]: [title of incident]". You may edit this if you want.
- Attach any relevant files from your computer or from your files in Procore.
- Include a message in your email.
- Click Send.
Note: The email will be sent to all users in the "To" and "CC" field and the email will be logged in the Emails tab of the incident.