NoteThe information in this tutorial applies to accounts with the Portfolio Financials product in Procore. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
To add milestones to a project in Portfolio Financials.
The Milestones section in Portfolio Financials allows you to keep track of high-level milestones for the project, such as the 'Project Start' and 'Project End' dates. All milestones for the project show on a timeline on the Project Page so that you can see dates for milestones in relation to one another. The Milestone section also tracks the status for each milestone, and after a milestone is reached, you can mark the milestone as complete.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Full Access' to the project or higher.
- Additional Information:
- If your account has custom milestone templates, you can choose to add milestones using a template. See Apply a Milestone Template to a Project in Portfolio Financials.
- Milestones are only visible to users with 'Full Access' to the project or higher.
- Navigate to the Project Page.
- In the Milestones section, click Add Milestone.
- Fill out the following information for the milestone:
- Milestone Title: Click into the field to select a milestone from the list OR enter a title for the milestone.
- Milestone Date: Click into the field to select a date from the calendar.
- Optional: Dependencies: Click the drop-down menu to select a dependency for the milestone. See Add a Dependency for a Milestone in Portfolio Financials
- Optional: Assignee: Click the drop-down menu to select an assignee for the milestone.
- Click Add.
- Optional: If you want to receive reminder emails before the forecast date of the milestone approaches, see Set Notifications for a Milestone in Portfolio Financials.