To edit a Capital Plan in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning.
As projects progress, the Live Forecast column in a Capital Plan will reflect the current anticipated cost of each project based on a combination of committed costs, pending costs, and holds. If your team reforecasts at a regular cadence, you can make updates to the projected spend by editing the Capital Plan.
Changes to the Capital Plan might include moving costs for a project out a year in order to accommodate an existing project that is trending over budget, pulling costs forward to execute an emergency capital project, or converting an allowance into a project. As an example, if you notice that you are trending under budget for one project, you might consider reallocating some amounts to fund a slight overage in another project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Building Admin' or 'Company Admin' in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning.
- Additional Information:
- This feature requires the Capital Planning product added on to your organization's account in Portfolio Financials. Please reach out to your Procore point of contact with any questions.
- Set up a new Capital Plan. See Set Up a Capital Plan in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning.
- From the Dashboard, click the Planning tab.
- Use the Building and Versions drop-down menus to locate the Capital Plan you want to edit.
Note: Data in the 'Project Budget' and 'Comparison (Live Forecast)' columns are pulled directly from the corresponding project pages.
- Hover over a year's column and click the orange plus icon to enter an amount for a project.
Note: Click out of the field to save.
TipPress TAB on your keyboard to quickly move across cells and enter costs. The 'Total Capital' column will update in real time.
- Continue making edits as needed in order to adjust the 'Total Capital'.
- After the reforecasting process is complete, click Save New Version. See Save and Manage Versions of Capital Plans in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning