If you are looking to run a best and final round of tendering with a subset of your original tender group, the "freeze tenderer" feature in Portfolio Financials is a great way to seamlessly narrow the field and allow you to execute multiple rounds of tendering. See Freeze or Unfreeze a Tenderer in a Tender Room.
When you freeze a tenderer, they will no longer be able to submit tenders and will not see or be notified about any future tender form revisions, tender due date updates and document uploads. All communication and previous tender submissions are preserved and remain accessible for you.
Follow the steps below:
- Freeze the tenderers you do not want to have in this round of tendering. See Freeze a Tenderer in a Tender Room.
- After you have eliminated the tenderers that will not be participating in the best and final round, update the tender due date in the 'Schedule' section of the tender form to let the final tenderers know when you expect to receive their revisions.
- If there are new or updated drawings, specifications or other documentation, upload them to the Documents section of your Tender Room.
- Optional: You can revise and republish the tender form to request further detail or pricing on additional items. See Edit a Tender Form for a Tender Room.
- Optional: Use the Send Message feature in the Tender Room to provide further clarification to the remaining tenderers if necessary.
- Award a Tender in the Tender Room