NoteThis information in this FAQ is specific to the Portfolio Financials product in Procore. Please reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
Backfilling Invoices allows you to back-date invoices that were created outside of Procore or prior to using Portfolio Financials for your project. This is useful if you just started using Portfolio Financials and need to reconcile invoices that have not been added to Procore yet. Backfilling invoices will ensure your accounting system totals match the totals in Procore.
Backfilling Invoices Without an Integration
If you are NOT using an accounting integration, you will need to create new invoices in Procore and make sure the dates are correct.
- Navigate to the Contract Room for your Portfolio Financials project in Procore.
- Click the Invoices tab and locate the relevant invoice.
- Enter an invoice to your Portfolio Financials project as you normally would. See Add an Invoice in Portfolio Financials.
- Change the date to reflect the original date of the invoice.
- Save the invoice.
Backfilling Invoices While Using an Integration
If you are using an integration, such as Yardi, there may be a 'Reconciliation' option within the Cost Tracker that will allow you to import invoices from the accounting software to Portfolio Financials using a 'Backfill' button.
- Navigate to the Cost Tracker for your Portfolio Financials project in Procore.
- Click Reconciliation Screen.
- Click Backfill to import the invoice.