When you view items in Procore's mobile application while online, they are downloaded to the Procore app. This enables you to access project information stored in Procore without an internet or network connection. If you are viewing items that are larger files, such as drawings or documents, these end up saving to your device and taking up storage. Procore does not support SD card data storage.
If you notice that the Procore mobile application is taking up too much storage on your device, you can follow the steps below to remove the saved data from your device. It is important to note that clearing cached data does not remove the items from Procore, it only clears them from your device's memory.
Deleting cached data on a device means that items that were previously downloaded in the app will need to be downloaded again the next time you want to access them.
For example, if you cleared all cached data for a project, you will need to download items (such as drawings) to the Procore app again before being able to view them.
Note: Downloading or refreshing items requires an active internet connection, so you will need to download items before working in offline mode.
Note: Only perform the following actions while connected to an internet connection.
Manage Procore Storage on the Procore for iOS App
- Open the Procore app using an iOS mobile device.
- Navigate to the Sidebar screen by tapping your avatar next to the menu icon.
- Tap App Preferences
- Tap Manage Storage.
Note: This reveals a list of your projects and the amount of storage each project is currently using on your device.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the projects for which you want to delete cached data.
- Tap Delete Cached Data.
Manage Procore Storage on the Procore for Android App
- Open the Procore app using an Android mobile device.
- Navigate to a project. See Navigate to a Different Project (Android).
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Manage Storage to see an overview of the project's current data usage in your Procore app.
- To remove your data by tool, tap Delete next to that tool. This only deletes the tool data for the project you are currently viewing.
- To clear all cached Procore data for that project from your device, tap Clear All Local Data.
- To delete data for another project, Navigate to a Different Project (Android).