What gets copied over to a new project when applying a project template?
Items That Carry Over to Your New Project
The following table identifies the project items that are carried over when you create a new project based on a template.
|Procore Tools||Configure Settings||Most of the advanced setting configurations for each tool except for Schedule and the Project Home will carry over to a new project.
See the "Configure Advanced Settings" tutorials on the site for more information on each of a tool's specific advanced settings.
Note: Project level Observation Templates will not carry over to a new project.
|Admin (Company Level)||Company Settings > Cost Code||Cost codes added to the Company level Admin tool and related data in the template are carried over to new projects.|
|Project Settings > Defaults > Programs||The list of Programs added to the template are carried over to the new project. See Add a Custom Program.|
|Tool Settings > Supported Tools > Fieldsets||Fieldsets assigned to a project template are carried over to the new project. See What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?|
|Admin (Project Level)||Project Settings > Classifications||The settings for a project's classifications are carried over to the new project. To learn more about classifications, see Which Procore tools support 'Classifications'?|
|Project Settings > General||The following settings from the General page of Project Settings are copied to your new project: Project Stage drop-down menu, Project Type drop-down menu, Prevent Overbilling on this Project checkbox, Non-Commitment Costs checkbox, Enable Sub Jobs checkbox, Enable DocuSign checkbox and Labour Productivity for Budget, Change Events and Change Orders checkbox.|
|Project Settings > Working Days||Working Days are carried over to your new project. See Set Project Working Days.|
|Project Settings > Locations||The setting for the Only Allow Locations to be Created in the Location Manager Above checkbox under Location Settings is carried over to the new project. Note: When the checkbox is cleared, users are able to create locations from any location field in the Procore web application.|
|Project Settings > Equipment||The items added to the Equipment Name list are copied to your new project.|
|Project Settings > Webhooks||Project level Webhooks configurations including Notification Endpoint and Authorization Header field values are carried over to new projects. Note: Only Webhooks configured in the default Procore namespace are carried over to new projects.|
|Tendering||Configure Settings||All settings on the Tender Package Default Settings page are carried over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Tendering.|
|Budget||Allow Budget Modifications Which Modify Grand Total||The setting in this check box is carried over to your new project. See Configure Settings: Budget and Create a Budget Modification.|
|Autocalculate Forecast to Complete by Default||The setting in this check box is carried over to your new project. See Configure Settings: Budget and Use the 'Forecast to Complete' Feature.|
|Change Orders||Configure Settings > Change Order Configuration||The change order configuration you establish in a project template will be carried over to new projects based on the template. You can pick either a single tier, two tier or three tier change order configuration for both the prime contract and commitment sides. The configuration for change order tiers can be different between the prime contract and commitment sides.|
|Commitments||Commitments List||Fields in the General tab on purchase orders and subcontracts carry over, excluding Number (#), Contract Company, Invoice Contacts and Attachments. In addition, a commitment's status is updated to 'Draft' in the new project.
Line items in the Schedule of Values tab also carry over to a new project, except for the cost code assignment. This is because project codes do not carry over to new projects. The budget code on the SOV retains the cost type assignment.
The following configurations are copied to the new project for each correspondence type on the project template: Enable Email Reminders for Overdue Items checkbox, Responses will be due number and Default Description text.
|Daily Log||Configure Settings > Project Settings (Daily Log Settings)||The Daily Log Settings from the source project are copied to the new project (Note: Individual daily log entries, emails, change history and any configuration settings created under the Manpower Categories area of the Daily Log Settings page are NOT copied to the new project).|
|Directory||Project Directory (Users & Companies)||If the project template contains users and companies in the Project Directory tool, those companies and persons will be added to any new project created with the template.|
|Documents||Document Subfolder Structures||Under the project's Documents tool, the subfolder structure will carry over. However, none of the files located within those subfolders will be carried over because they are most likely project-specific documents that should not be added to every new project. For example, you may want to configure all of your projects to use the same folder names and folder structure. See Create a Standard Folder Structure.|
|Documents||Files in the Root Document Directory||Files that are placed at the root (topmost) level and are not located in the subfolder, will be carried over. For example, you may want the same safety regulations document added to each new project. Files can be added to the main project folder via Procore Drive or by dragging and dropping a document to the top of the folder tree to your project's folder from a subfolder in the web application.|
|Drawings||Configure Settings > Discipline Abbreviation Setup||Drawing Discipline Abbreviations set up in the Drawings tool's configure settings will carry over to new projects. See Configure Default Drawing Disciplines.|
|Emails||Configure Settings > Communication Settings||Communication Settings that determine who can send emails into Procore using a project's or tool item's inbound email address will carry over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Emails.|
|Emails||Configure Settings > Correspondence "Private" By Default||The setting for the Correspondence "private" by default checkbox is carried over to new projects.|
|Inspections||Configure Settings > Create Inspection Template||
Inspections template and related data are carried over to new projects. See Create a Project Level Inspection Template.
|Invoicing||Configure Settings||All settings under Default Billing Period, Emails and Other are carried over to new projects.|
|Meetings||Configure Settings||All settings on the Meetings Settings page, including 'Meeting View' and 'Automatically Show Previous Minutes', are carried over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Meetings.|
|Photos||Configure Settings||All settings on the Photo Settings page are carried over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Photos.|
|Prime Contract||Schedule of Values Tab||The data in the Schedule of Values (SOV) tab on the projects template is carried over to new projects. In addition, the Advanced Settings are carried over.|
|Deficiency List||Configure Settings > Deficiency List Settings > Deficiency Item Types||The list of 'Deficiency Item Types' created in the Configure Settings page of the project's Deficiency List tool. See Create Deficiency Item Types.|
|Deficiency List||Configure Settings > Deficiency List Settings > Punch Emails||The Punch email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the project's Deficiency List tool. See Create Deficiency Item Types.|
|Deficiency List||Configure Settings > Deficiency List Settings > Deficiency List Templates||
The project-level punch templates can now be carried over to a new project. See Create a Project Level Deficiency Item Template.
|RFIs||Configure Settings > RFI Emails||Any email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the RFIs tool are carried over to the new project. See How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?|
|Schedule||Schedule Integration Selection||If you have identified a particular schedule integration in a project template, that selection will be carried over to new projects created from the template. However, any schedule data that may exist in the template will not be carried over.|
|Submittals||Configure Settings > Submittal Responses||Any custom submittal responses that have been created in the source project are carried over to the new project. See Create Custom Submittal Responses.|
|Submittals||Configure Settings > Submittal Emails||Any email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the Submittals tool are carried over to the new project. See When does the Submittals tool send email notifications to Procore users?|
|Submittals||Number Submittal by Spec Section||This setting is carried over to the new project. This setting is turned ON by default and can only be changed by your Procore point of contact at the request of a user with the appropriate permissions. See Request to Change the 'Number Submittals by Spec Section' Setting.|
|Timesheets||Configure Settings > Timesheets Settings||Time Entry Settings and any Additional Fields that are enabled will carry over to new projects.|
Items That Do Not Carry Over To Your New Project
Any preference that is NOT in the list above including:
- Company Admin > Company Settings > Webhooks: Only project level Webhooks are carried over from templates to new projects.
- Project Admin > Project Settings > General: Project Name, Active Project, Job Number, Project Description, Square Feet, Job Phone, Job Fax, Address, City, Country, Province, County, Postal Code, Latitude/Longitude, Estimated Start Date, Estimated Completion Date, Warranty Start Date, Warranty End Date, Actual Start Date, Projected Finish Date, Actual Start Date, Projected Finish Date, Parent Job, Estimated Project Value, Office, Project Flag, Departments, Program, Tender Type, Owner Type, Region, Copy Directory From, Project Logo.
- Project Admin > Project Settings > Cost Codes: Project level cost codes do not carry over to new projects.
- Subscribers/Tool-specific distribution groups: Any subscribers or default distribution group members that are set up in the configuration page of a tool will not be copied to the new project's configuration settings.
- Change Events: Attachment settings from the Change Events tool do NOT carry over. See Set Attachment Settings.
- Commitments: The values in the following fields in the General tab on purchase orders and subcontracts do NOT carry over: Number (#), Contract Company, Invoice Contacts and Attachments.
- Correspondence: The Default Distribution configured for a correspondence type is not copied to the new project.
- Custom Fields: Data within custom fields does NOT carry over to the new project's configuration settings.
- Daily Log: Individual daily log entries, emails, change history and any configuration settings created under the Manpower Categories area of the Daily Log Settings page are NOT copied to the new project.
- Default Distribution Lists: On specific tools (RFIs, Submittals, Daily Log, etc.).
- Drawing Sheets
- The Default Distribution configured for the project's Emails tool is not copied to the new project. See Configure Advanced Settings: Emails.
- The Copy tags from another project selection is not copied to the new project. See Configure Advanced Settings: Emails.
- Meetings: For example, types, templates and agenda structure.
- Photos: Albums do not carry over to new projects.
- Project Home Configuration Settings
- Project Team
- Project Links: Project Links do not carry over to new projects. See Add or Modify Project Links.
- RFIs: The Assignees' Responses are Required by Default setting does NOT carry over on a project template. See Configure Advanced Settings: RFIs.
- Reports and Custom Reports
- Schedule Integration Data: Only your selection of which schedule integration (for example, MS Project or Primavera P6) will carry over to new projects.
- Spec Sections
- Sub Jobs: Sub jobs do NOT carry over to new projects. However, the configuration setting for enabling sub jobs does carry over. See Enable Sub Jobs.
- Submittal Workflow Templates: Project level Submittal workflow templates do NOT carry over on a project template.
- Tasks: Individual action items do not carry over to new projects.