To add measurements to a drawing in the Drawings tool on your Android device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read Only' or higher permissions on the project's Drawings tool.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool using the Procore app on an Android device.
Note: Make sure there is an active network or internet connection.
- Search and filter for the drawing to which you would like to add measurements.
- Tap the drawing.
- Follow the optional steps below:
Note: The first time you add measurements to a drawing, you will first have to calibrate the drawing.
Calibrate Your Drawing
- Tap the Calibrate tool.
- Find a place on the drawing where you know the measurement (i.e. the length of a wall). Tap and drag the calibration to the end of the length.
- Enter the length in feet and inches or metres.
- Tap Save.
Note: If you ever delete this calibration, all of your measurement markups will still be in place. However, they will be re-calculated when you add in a new calibration.
- Tap the Ruler tool.
- Tap and drag the ruler to the end of the length you want to measure.
- View the distance in the shape.
- Tap the Area tool.
- Tap and drag the rectangle shape to the end of the area you want to measure.
- View the area on the line.
Measure Curved Lines and Polylines
- Tap the Freehand tool.
- Use your finger to trace the shape or line(s) you want to measure.
- View the distance on the line.