This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Released: September 1, 2020
Project Level Language Selection
Procore has released a new setting that allows users with the appropriate permissions to select the language they want an individual Procore project to be displayed in. Previously, in order to change a project's language, users needed to request the change from their Procore point of contact. Now a project's language can be selected by users with the appropriate permissions to create new projects or to update existing projects. See Create a New Project. On existing projects, this setting is managed in the 'General' tab under the Project Settings in the Project level Admin tool. See Update General Project Information.
If 'None Selected' is chosen for the project's language, the project's language will match the company's language for users that have not changed their user account's language in 'My Profile Settings'. See Can I change the language of my Company, Project, or User in Procore?
- Changing a company, project, or user language only affects Procore's web application and does not change the language in any of Procore's mobile applications. Users can change the language settings on their mobile device to a Procore-supported language in order to change the language that displays when using Procore's mobile application. See User Level Language Changes: Mobile Devices.
- User defined text will not be translated. For example, RFIs that have been responded to in English will still appear in English, regardless of which language is selected for the company, project, or user.
- If custom translations have been added to a supported tool, the translation will appear based on the user's language settings. If the user has not selected a language that is different from the Project's language, the translation will display in the default language. See Add Custom Translations to Observation Types for instructions on how to add custom translations to the Observations tool.
- While Procore is striving towards language feature parity, not all features have the same level of language support as English. If you have questions, please contact Procore Support.
- Create a New Project
- Update General Project Information
- Can I change the language of my Company, Project, or User in Procore?
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.