This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: July 24, 2023 / Feature Released: Coming Soon!
New 'Field Response Type' Column for Tender Forms
For projects using Tender Management Enhanced Experience, a new 'Response Field Type' column will be added for tender forms. See Create a Tender Form. This column allows you to choose a response type (such as 'Amount') for each line item, providing greater flexibility when soliciting tenders.
The new 'Response Field Type' column will have the following options to select for each line item:
- Unit & Quantity
With the flexibility to select different response types for line items across tender forms, you can also control which tenders should have itemized amounts, and which should be lump sum. See the How can a Lump Sum tender be submitted? section below for more information. The 'Include/Exclude' response type ensures tenderers specify what is or isn't included in their tender, and you can identify what's included in the total cost when you level tenders. See Level Tenders for a Tender Form.
- The 'Include/Exclude' option is only available to select in the Base Tender section. The Alternates section uses 'Amount' and 'Unit & Quantity'.
- When you add your first line item to the Base Tender, the Response Field Type is set to 'Amount' by default. Additional line items that you add will automatically select the same response type as the most recently added line item. For example, if you select 'Include/Exclude' for a line item, the next line item that you add will have 'Include/Exclude' selected. You can change the Response Field Type for items as needed.
- If a tender has already been submitted, you can't edit the Response Field Type for items that were set to 'Amount' or 'Unit & Quantity'.
- If you edit line items on a tender form after tenders have been submitted, you'll have an option to send a correspondence about the change and resend tender invitations.
replacement of 'Bid Sheet Accounting Method' Settings
The addition of the 'Response Field Type' column eliminates the need for separate accounting method settings for tender packages. While these settings are being removed, there is no loss of functionality, and the accounting method can be selected for each line item.
For information on how tenders can be submitted without itemized amounts, see the How can a lump sum tender be submitted? section below.
- The 'Bid Sheet Accounting Method' and 'Disable Itemized Tendering' settings will be removed from tender packages.
- The 'Default Tender Package Accounting Method' and 'Enable Non-Itemized Tendering By Default' settings will be removed from the Configure Settings page in the Tendering tool. See Configure Advanced Settings: Tendering.
How can a Lump Sum tender be submitted?
If you want a tender to be submitted as a lump sum instead of having itemized amounts, you can select 'Include/Exclude' for the line items. This will allow you or the tenderer to enter an amount in the Total field at the end of the tender. See Submit a Place a tender on Behalf of a Tenderer or Submit a Tender.