To create observations templates at the Company level.
Quick Observations allows Procore users to create a library of common observation items that can be organized into categories. Default titles, trades and types can be assigned to these common observations. When a Procore user creates a new observation from a mobile device, they can select one of these templates, which will auto-populate fields on the new observation item with default information from the template. Users can then add or edit information as needed, save the observation item and move on. This allows users to select common observation items from their library and create new observation items more efficiently and with significantly less typing.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Observation item templates created at the Company level will be dynamically added to all projects in the company.
- Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Observations tool can deactivate templates at the Project level if a certain template does not apply.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings', click Observations.
- Click Templates.
- To create a new Observation template, enter in the following information:
Note: You can also create a new template by filling in the following information below the desired category.
- Observation Type: Click the 'Observation Type' picker to select the desired type associated with the template.
- Observation Title: Click into the 'Observation Title' field to type in a title for your template.
- Trade: Click the 'Trade' picker to select the desired default trade associated with the template.
- Mark the checkbox under the 'Active' column to make the template available to team members.
- Click Add to save the Observation template.
- Optional: Navigate to the Project level Observations tool and add a default distribution list. See Configure Advanced Settings: Observations