To perform an action plan that was created and published in the project's Action Plans tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- The action plan cannot be performed while it is in 'Edit' mode.
- To see references and to add requested records, users must have permissions to view the item(s) in the respective tool(s).
- An item's due date can be modified or removed by a user with 'Admin' level permissions to the Action Plans tool while performing the action plan
- Navigate to the project's Action Plans tool.
- Click View next to the action plan you want to perform.
Note: If the 'View' button is not clickable, the action plan is in 'Edit' mode and can only be accessed by users with 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Action Plans tool.
- Review the sections and items.
Note: Some sections and items may be unavailable to complete if one or more other items were added with 'Blocking Functionality'. See What is 'Blocking Functionality' in an action plan?
- Set the status for individual items (Open, In Progress, Delayed, Closed)
Note: Items marked as 'Closed' update the progress bar in the 'General Information' section.
- View the 'References'.
- Optional: Under the 'Due Date' column, change or remove the due date for the items.
Note: If you update the date of one item, you can select to update the dates of all subsequent items in the same section by the same number of working days.
- Under the 'Assignees' column, sign completed action plan items.
- Optional: Add additional assignees to action plan items.
- Under the 'Records' column, add requested records.
- Under the 'Notes' column, add or edit notes.