To enable the Observations tool on your project.
The Observations tool is available in Procore's web and mobile applications (iOS and Android). The Observations tool allows team members to create observations related to safety, quality, work to complete, commissioning and warranty directly in Procore. Users can view details, track responses, add attachments and search for relevant observations in the tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool.
- You may want to update your permission templates before enabling the Observations tool. Note the following recommended permissions for the tool:
- Architect/Engineer: None
- Project Manager: Admin
- Owner/CM: None
- Subcontractor: Standard
- Superintendent: Admin
- If you want the tool to be a default tool for all new projects, enable the tool on your standard project template.
- Ask your company's Procore Admin to contact a representative from the Procore Customer Success team to enable this tool.
- Navigate to each project you would like to enable Observations on.
- Select the Project level Admin tool.
- Click on the Active Tabs page in the right pane.
- Mark the checkbox next to "Observations."
- Tip! Reorder the tools by dragging the icon next to each tool. Tools at the top of the list will appear on the right. Tools on the bottom of the list will appear at the left. The first tool will always be Home. The last tool will always be Admin.
- Click Update at the bottom of the page.