Create a Custom Submittals Report
To create a custom report using the reporting feature in the project's Submittals tool.
Depending on your access permission level, you can create custom reports that source data from the Submittals tool using the options available in either the Submittals tool or the Reports tools.
- Using the New Report Option in the Project level Submittals Tool. Procore's custom submittal reports functionality makes it easy to organize your submittals into relevant reports for your both personal use as well as for company or project-specific needs.With this option, you can create common reports to share with users on all projects or to create reports that are project specific. You can also create personal reports for project engineers and project managers to use to meet day-to-day business goals and you may not want to share those reports with all members of the project team. For details, see Create a New Custom Submittals Report below.
- Using the Available Gallery Templates in the Company and Project Level Reports Tool. Procore's Create New Report window provides users with access to a variety of Submittals reports in the Project Management Gallery. For details, see Create a Custom Submittals Report Using a Gallery Template.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create, edit and view reports that have not been marked 'Personal' to another user, 'Admin' level permissions to the Submittals tool.
- To create personal reports and view global and project-specific reports, ' 'Standard' level permissions to the Submittals tool.
- To view global and project-specific reports, 'Read Only' level permissions to the Submittals tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can create an unlimited number of reports on a project.
- The reports you create are listed from most recent to least recent in the right sidebar of the Submittals tool.
Create a Custom Submittals Report
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
- Click Reports > Create New Report.
This opens the Create Submittal Custom Report page.
- Do the following:
Enter Report Name . Click the pencil icon and type a name for the report.
Enter Description . Click the pencil icon and type a description for the report.
- In the Select Tool area, click Submittals.
This adds the Submittals tab to your report.
- In the right-pane, use a drag-and-drop operation to move the desired columns into your report's layout. See Which data columns can I add to a custom Submittals report?
- If you want to create calculations using columns, click Create Calculation. Then add your calculation and click Save to close the New Calculation window.
Note: To learn how to create a calculation, see Create a Calculated Column in a Custom Report.
- If you want to apply a filter, choose one from the Add Filter drop-down list.
- If you want to group report data, add the desired group using the Group By drop-down list.
- When your report is in the desired state, click Create Report.
The system saves your report. For more information about creating custom reports, see Create a Custom Company Report or Create a Custom Project Report.
Create a Custom Submittals Report Using a Gallery Template
Note: To use this option, your user account must be assigned the permission level described in this article: Create a Custom Company Report or Create a Custom Project Report.
- Navigate to the Company or Project level Reports tool.
This reveals the Company or Project Reports page.
- Click Report > Create Report.
This opens the Create New Report window.
- Under Project Management, click Show All.
This lists all of the available templates for Procore's Project Management tools. The available report templates for the Submittals tool includes:
- Overdue Submittals
- Submittals by Package
- Open Submittals by Status
- Submittals Average Response Time by Responsible Contractor
- Submittals Procurement
- Submittals by Responsible Contractor
- Click Use Template.
The system creates generates a new report using the selected template. You can then proceed with editing the report, distributing a snapshot, sharing the report, cloning the report or deleting the report. For details, see the instructions for the appropriate Reports tool: Company Reports or Project Reports.