NoteThe information in this FAQ applies to accounts with the Portfolio Financials product in Procore. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
In general, Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning should contain as much data about your projects as possible. The more historical information you can compare across projects, the better equipped you will be to predict future costs.
Follow the tips below to generate the best possible reports in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning.
- Always include the square footage for projects: When setting up a new project, be sure to enter the square footage. This will allow you to compare past projects by price per square foot, helping you plan projected costs for upcoming jobs. Edit a Project in Portfolio Financials.
- Be consistent with data entry across projects: Make sure your projects are up to date in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning in order to yield the most accurate reports. For example, be sure to:
- Keep project stages and milestones updated.
- Be consistent with Cost Item naming.
- Standardize your tender form templates.
- Manage completed projects: After you have completed a job, make sure to set the project stage to Complete and archive it from your dashboard. See Mark a Portfolio Financials Project as Complete from the Dashboard and Archive a Portfolio Financials Project. You will then be able to more effectively generate custom reports on active projects compared to archived projects.