The following table highlights which user permissions are required to perform the described user action. Click the Mobile Platform icons in the table to navigate to the relevant support articles.
Note: The Conversations tool does not have its own set of permissions to assign, and instead relies on users being part of a project's Directory and having access to items within that project. See the notes below the table for specific considerations.
|Create a Group in the Conversations Tool (iOS)
|Edit or Delete a Message in the Conversations Tool (iOS)
|Manage a Group in the Conversations Tool (iOS)
|Manage Push Notifications for the Conversations Tool (iOS)
|Mention a User in a Conversation (iOS)
|Send a Message in the Conversations Tool (iOS)
|View Messages in the Conversations Tool (iOS)
1 By default, only Company Admins can create and manage groups for group conversations. However, the 'Create and Manage Groups' privilege can be enabled for internal employees, or everyone in the Company Directory. See Configure Access and Settings for the Conversations Tool.
2 This action can be performed by any user in the project's Directory (for their own conversations and items that they have access to). See the specific considerations below:
- Direct Messages:
- If Direct Messages are enabled for the account, anyone in the project's Directory (and Company Admins) can be messaged or mentioned.
- If Direct Messages are only enabled for internal employees, only users marked as employees of the company can be messaged or mentioned. See How do I add someone as an employee of my company?
- Direct messages are private and can only be seen by the individuals in the message. Admin users cannot view direct messages that they are not a part of.
Note: A data export containing direct messages can be provided to Company Admins by Procore Support if needed.
- Group Conversations:
- Anyone in the project's Directory (and Company Admins) can be messaged or mentioned in a group.
- Messages within a group conversation can only be seen by members of that group.
- Item Conversations:
- Conversations for specific items in a project can only be viewed and participated in by users with access to the item in Procore ('Read Only' or higher permissions to the item's tool, and appropriate access if an item is marked as Private).
- All conversations:
- Users can only message or mention users who exist in the project's Directory, as well as Company Admins.
- Users can only edit and delete their own messages (within 5 minutes of sending, and if the feature is enabled).
- Users can only hide a conversation from their own view.