To add custom project stages to your Procore account that can be selected and used by all projects.
By default, each Procore account has the following construction phases predefined as selectable options for defining a project's current phase/stage of construction.
- Pre-Construction: The contract has not been awarded yet and no work has been started on the job site.
- Course of Construction: Work is in process on the job site.
- Post-Construction: Work on the job site has been completed, but the project is still in close-out, warranty stage or being finalized.
- Completed: The project is successfully completed and there is no work in progress on the job site.
- Not Awarded: The tender for the project was not won and no construction work occurred.
- Cancelled: The project was cancelled, either during the course of construction or in pre-construction, before any work was started.
However, your own company might have its own unique set of construction phases. In such cases, you can create custom project stages as necessary.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- You cannot delete a project stage if at least one project is currently assigned to that stage. However, you can replace the "Course of Construction" stage with a custom stage by creating the custom stage, assigning active projects to it and then deleting the original "Course of Construction" stage.
- After adding custom project stages at the company level, they are available for use at the project level.
- Custom trades can be deleted if they are not associated with any projects.
- The Custom Project Stages that you create below can be used for RFI prefix numbering. For details, see How do I configure a prefix and starting number for a project's RFIs?
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings', click Defaults.
- In the 'Enter Stage Name' text box, enter the name of the custom stage.
- From the 'Select Default Stage' drop-down menu, select the default stage that best represents that section of the project's life cycle.
- Click Add Stage.
TipAfter adding a new project stage, let your users with 'Admin' level permissions on the RFIs tool know so they can decide whether or not to create an RFI number prefix for it. See How do I configure a prefix and starting number for a project's RFIs?