To select the winning tender and convert it into a new purchase order that you can email to the vendor who was awarded the scope of work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on your project's Tendering and Commitments tool.
- The Commitments tool needs to be enabled in order to convert winning tender.
- To award a contract to the winning tender, the following must be true:
- The Tender Sheet must be past its Due Date/Time.
- At least one (1) tender must be submitted from an invited tenderer (i.e., a subcontractor/vendor).
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- The Convert to Purchase Order button is supported.
- Important! To sync data with your integrated ERP system, you must set the cost code cost type (see Which integrated ERP systems support the 'Cost Type' concept?) on the purchase orders as follows:
- Integration by Procore. Use the default cost code cost type set up for Viewpoint® Spectrum® during the implementation process.
- Integration by Ryvit. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost code cost type for Viewpoint® Vista™
- QuickBooks® . The cost type for purchase orders should always be set to Other 'O'.
- Sage 100 Contractor®. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost code cost type for the purchase order
- Sage 300 CRE®. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost code cost type for the purchase order.
- Navigate to the project's Tendering tool.
- Locate your tender package.
- Click View.
- In the Tenderers sub tab, locate the company with the winning tender.
- Click View.
- In the right sidebar, click Convert to Purchase Order.
- The company with the winning tender is automatically added to the Project Directory in your company's Procore account. Individual users associated with the company are NOT automatically added to the Project Directory.
- If the conversion was successful, a yellow banner appears to confirm it.
The system automatically redirects you to the project's Commitments tool and opens the new contract General tab in view mode. The contract includes all of the appropriate information that was converted from the winning tender from the project's Tendering tool.
- In the General tab of the purchase order, click the Schedule of Values subtab to see a breakdown of the scope of work.
- If you want to notify the company about the winning tender, click Email Contract.
This reveals the commitment's Emails tab.
- In the Emails tab, do the following:
- To. Select the names of the desired recipients.
- CC. Select the names of the people who should be carbon-copied on the email.
- Private. Mark the checkbox if you only want the recipients and users with 'Admin' level permission to the Commitments tool to see the email. This is the default setting.
- Attachments. Add one or more files to the email message. If appropriate to your situation, it is recommended that you always add your company's official contract form as an attachment.
- Message. Type the body of your email message. It is recommended that you always provide clear instructions to your recipients (i.e., vendors/subcontractors) with regards to how contracts and documents must be signed. Your message should also include a reminder to return the signed contract, which can conveniently be added as an attachment in their email response.
Note: The email message will automatically include the contract details.
- Click Send.
The system sends the contract to the designated recipients.