To enable the Direct Costs tool on your Procore project.
The project's Direct Costs tool is designed to help you track all direct costs incurred (expenses and invoices) that aren't associated with commitments. Examples include general conditions and self-performed work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Admin tool.
- Your company's Procore Administrator must submit a request to enable the Direct Costs tool to your Procore point of contact.
- After your Procore point of contact enables the Direct Costs tool on the backend of your company's Procore account, your Procore Administrator must update access permissions for the tool. See Manage Project Permissions Templates. The permissions guidelines for each role are below:
- Architect/Engineer: None
- Project Manager: Admin
- Owner/CM: None
- Subcontractor: None
- Superintendent: None
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool:
- Sage 300 CRE® and Viewpoint® Vista™. To import job cost transactions to a Procore budget to reflect values in the 'Direct Cost' column of your budget line items, you must enable the Direct Costs tool on the Procore project's that you want to sync. See Enable the Direct Costs Tool.
To enable the Direct Costs tool, do the following on each project that requires the tool:
CautionTo avoid losing your direct costs data, it is strongly recommended that you DO NOT disable the tool after it has been enabled and used on a Procore project. Doing so will result in the unrecoverable loss of any direct costs that have been created.
- Navigate to the Project level Admin tool.
- Click Active Tools.
- Scroll to Financial Management.
- Place a checkmark in the Direct Costs box.
TipWant to change where the Direct Costs tool appears in Procore's Project Tools menu? To move the tool's menu item into the desired position on the 'Financial Management' list in the Project Tools menu, click the vertical grip (⋮⋮) and use a drag-and-drop operation to move into any position within the list.
- Click Update.