Sign a Document with DocuSign® in the Project Level Documents Tool
To have a document in your project's Documents tool signed with DocuSign.
If you have a DocuSign account, you are able to track the status of a signed document in Procore. You can receive, review and return their signed contracts online, at any time and from any Internet enabled device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permission on the Documents tool
- Additional Information:
- The signature initiator in Procore must have an active DocuSign account. See How do I get a DocuSign account? and Do owners and subcontractors need a DocuSign account?
- After you have signed in to a DocuSign through Procore, you will not need to sign in again.
- Only PDFs can be signed with DocuSign.
- The Procore + DocuSign Integration must be enabled on the project. See Enable the DocuSign Integration.
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool.
- Locate the file you want to sign with DocuSign.
Note: Only PDFs can be signed using DocuSign.
- Right-click on the file and click Sign with DocuSign.
Note: You can also access this action by clicking the vertical ellipsis icon while the file is selected.
- If you have not logged into DocuSign from Procore before, complete the following steps:
- Enter your DocuSign email address.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your password.
- Click Log In.
- Once you are in DocuSign, Procore's contract PDF will populate as a document in DocuSign or you can choose to add your own document.
- Upload documents by choosing one of the following:
- Use a Template
- Get from Cloud
- If you are not using a custom form, DocuSign will pre-populate recipient roles. If you choose the use the pre-populated roles, then DocuSign will pre-place the signing tags in the correct position.
- Click Next to review the document.
- Click Send to send the document for signature. When the signature is pending, you will see a blue banner above that document in Procore's document tool. Once the document has been signed, the banner disappears and the original document is replaced with the signed document.