To create and send an email from a project's Email tool.
A Procore project can be configured to include the Emails tool. This tool lets you perform basic email functions (i.e., create, send, reply to and forward messages). It also stores a copy of all incoming and outgoing messages, so you can keep your project correspondence secure in the Emails tool. The Emails tool also provides project teams with an 'inbound email address', which can be added to the 'To' or 'CC' fields in any email program. This lets both Procore and non-Procore users send and save messages in the Emails tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- If you want to personalize the signature that appears in the outbound emails that you send from the project's Emails tool see Set Up Your Outbound Email Signature.
- If your recipients report that they did not receive an email that you sent from Procore, we recommend reviewing the following FAQs:
- Additional Information:
- For a copy of the sent email and any of its responses, navigate to the Emails tool and view the list in the 'Emails - Inbox' on the left.
- Navigate to the project's Emails tool.
This reveals the Emails - Inbox page.
- Click Create Email.
This reveals the New Email form.
- Complete the data entry as follows:
To. Start typing a name to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipients. See Add a Person to the Project Directory. Then select the user or distribution group.
CC. Start typing a name to search the Project Directory for a list of matching carbon copy recipients. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory . Then select the user or distribution group.
Private. Mark this checkbox to set the new email to 'Private'. A private message can only be viewed by the user who created the message, users with 'Admin' level permission to the Emails tool and Company Administrators.
If a user with 'Admin' permission on the project's Emails tool has created a 'Default Distribution' list (see Configure Advanced Settings: Emails), members of the default distribution list will receive ALL emails that have either been created in or sent from the Emails tool. Members will also receive all messages sent to the Emails tool via the inbound email address. This includes emails that have been marked 'Private'.
Subject . Enter a subject line for your email message.
Attachments . Click Attach File(s) or use a drag-and-drop operation to move files from your computer to the Drag-and-Drop File(s) area.
Message. Type the body of your email message.
This adds the email to the Procore application's outgoing email queue. Messages are typically sent to the designated recipients within a few seconds or minutes.