To create a category to group the individual meeting items for a meeting.
If your project's Meetings tool is set to the 'Category' meeting view, you can create one or more meeting categories to organize your meeting items into. There is no limit to the number of categories or meeting items that you can create for a meeting. This gives you the flexibility to create an agenda tailored to your specific meeting goals and project needs.
Tip! Some examples of possible meeting categories include:
- For a pre-construction meeting, you might want to organize meeting items into categories such as: Introductions, Contract Information, Prevailing Wage and Billing Procedures, Background Checks and Permits.
- For a construction progress meeting, you might want to organize meeting items into categories such as: Preparation Activities, Contractor Progress Statements and Payment Issues.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Meetings tool.
- Additional Information:
- When the 'Category' meeting view is enabled, the system automatically creates a category named 'Uncategorized Items'. You can rename the category by typing over the name. To add additional categories to your meeting, use the Steps below.
- Tip! You can reorder categories and meeting items using a drag-and-drop operation. See Reorder Meeting Categories and Items.
- Navigate to the project's Meetings tool.
- Locate the meeting you want to create a category for.
- Click Edit on the meeting.
- At the bottom of the page, click Create Category.
The 'Add a Category' window appears.
- Enter a name for the new category.
Note: If you choose to leave the category name blank, the category will be titled '(edit)'. You can click into this field at any time to rename the category.
- Click Create.
Note: The category is added to the page and a number is assigned to the category in the order it was created.