To configure a user's settings in the Project Directory or Schedule Settings to notify that user by email any time certain actions are performed in the project's Schedule tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the Project level Directory and tool OR Schedule tool.
- For these settings to go into effect, the Project level Schedule tool must be enabled.
- Navigate to the project's Directory tool.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit next to the user you want to enable or change schedule notifications for.
- Scroll to 'Schedule Notifications'.
- Mark one or more of the following checkboxes:
- All Project Tasks (Weekly). Mark this checkbox to notify the user about future tasks that are added to the project schedule (a.k.a., scheduled tasks).
- Resource Tasks Assigned To. Mark this checkbox and select a resource to notify the user about scheduled tasks assigned to the selected resource.
- Upon Schedule Changes. Mark this checkbox to notify the user about changes to the project schedule.
- Upon Schedule Change Requests. Mark this checkbox to notify the user when a change request is made to the project schedule.
- Project Schedule Lookahead (Weekly). Mark this checkbox to notify users about Lookaheads added to the project.
- Click Save.
Configure Settings from Permissions Table
Note: This page is only available to users who also have 'Admin' permission to the project's Directory tool.
- Click Permissions Table in the right sidebar.
- Set each user's permission for the Schedule tool according to your preferences.
- Choose which resource the user is associated with from the drop-down menu under the Resource column.
- Select which (if any) weekly emails they will receive.
Note: Edit when and how often these emails are sent out in the Email Settings page.
- For a list of what users can do at each permission level in the Schedule, see the Permissions Matrix.
- In the example screenshot below, the user has 'Read-only' level permissions and is receiving weekly project emails.