In Procore, a Transmittal is a record that acts much like a packing slip to record the documents, drawings, goods, materials, samples or supplies that are transferred between entities on a project.
Using the project's Transmittals tool, you can create a record of project information that has been sent to others via fax and shipping channels. When you create a transmittal and email a copy of it to your recipients, all of the information is captured and stored with your Procore project, including the names of the sender, recipient and any relevant dates. For example, perhaps a user's email system is down and the only way to send an official response is via fax or a phone call. In such cases, you would want to create a transmittal in order to keep track of the communications, so a historical record is available for audit purposes in Procore.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Transmittals tool.
- Complete the steps in Create a Transmittal. Note: The 'Related Items', 'Emails', and 'Change History' tabs in a transmittal become visible and available to user after a transmittal is created.
- Additional Information:
- For a selection to appear in the 'Type' menu, the corresponding tool must be an active tool on the project. See Add and Remove Tools from a Project.
- For a selection to appear in the 'Description' menu, you must be granted the appropriate permission to view that item in the corresponding Procore tool.
Add Related Items to a Transmittal
- Navigate to the project's Transmittals tool.
- Locate the transmittal in the list. Then click Edit.
- Click Related Items.
- Click Edit.
- Complete the data entry as follows:
- Click +Add.
- Repeat the steps above for each desired related item.
- Click Save.
Procore saves the related item and the table in the 'Related Items' tab returns to view mode.