To add items to a transmittal using the project's Transmittals tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To edit an existing transmittal, 'Admin' level permission on the project's Transmittals tool.
- To add items when creating a transmittal, 'Standard' level permission or higher on the project's Transmittals tool.
- Complete the steps in Create a Transmittal.
- Additional Information:
- If you want to attach a PDF or other document attachment to a transmittal, you can do so when you select one of the following from the 'Format' drop-down list under items: Documents, Plans, Prints, Samples, or Shop Drawings.
The Transmittals tool lets you keep a record of project information that has been sent to others via fax and shipping. When you create and send a transmittal, all of the transmittals information is captured and stored with your Procore project, including the names of the sender, recipient and relevant dates. For example, perhaps a user's email system is down and the only way to send an official response is via fax or a phone call. In such cases, transmittals can be used to properly keep track of these correspondences inside of Procore for historical record and audit purposes.
- In the New Transmittal page, scroll down to the Items area.
- Select an item from the Format drop-down list.
- You can add multiple items to a transmittal.
- When adding items to a transmittal, the system lets you attach multiple files at once for these formats: Documents, Plans, Prints, Samples, and Shop Drawings. See How do I attach multiple files at once to a transmittal?
Depending on the Procore tools that are enabled in your environment, you may have these options:
- Click Add.
Note: If you attached multiple files to the transmittal, each file is added as a separate line item.
- Repeat the steps above to add additional line items.
The illustration below shows you an example of a completed Items area.
Note: The system does NOT permit you to edit existing items. If you need to correct an item, click the RED 'x' to delete it. Then add the item again.
- Continue with Add Comments to the Transmittal.