To configure which fields on the Create and Update project pages are required, optional or hidden.
Users with 'Admin' permission to the Company level Admin tool can designate certain fields for project creation as Required, Optional or Hidden. This can be configured from the Fieldset tab in the Company level Admin tool, under Project Settings. See Which fields on the create or update project page can be configured as required, optional or hidden?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Only one fieldset can be created per company for project fields.
- The fieldset will apply to all new and existing projects. It cannot be assigned to individual projects.
- If you want to configure fieldsets for specific tools, see What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings', click Fieldset.
- Click Edit next to the fieldset you want to modify.
- Each field name has the following options:
Note: If you are unable to click on an option, this indicates it is a Procore default that cannot be modified.
- Click on the toggle switch to the ON position to make the field visible in the section.
- Click on the toggle switch to the OFF position to hide the field in the section.
- Mark the 'Required' checkbox to designate a field as required or optional.
A marked checkbox indicates that users will be required to complete the field in the section.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.