To summarize the features of the 'Procore Standard Forecast' view in the Project level Budget tool.
The Advanced Forecasting feature is enabled in Procore by default. You can turn the feature ON or OFF in the Configure Settings page of the Budget Tool (see Configure Settings: Budget). With this feature, your company's Procore Administrator can create customized forecasting templates using the system's default 'Procore Standard Forecast' view.
- Set Up a Forecast View. The steps for configuring columns and assigning the view to projects are similar to the steps used to create budget views—but specifically tailored for use with the Forecasting tab in the Budget tool. You'll also want to assign your view to any projects that you plan to use it on. For instructions, see Set Up a New Forecasting View.
- Apply Advanced Forecasting Curves to Your Budget. After your forecasting view is assigned to a project, you can define Start Dates and End Dates for projecting your project's monthly costs across each budget line item. Costs can be spread over four (4) curves: Linear, Back Loaded, Front Loaded, and Bell. You can also type the forecast amounts you want into the monthly forecast columns of a budget line item to enter 'Manual' entry mode. In addition, you can perform bulk updates to change the start date, end date and curve or you can apply forecast curves to individual line items. To learn more, see Apply Advanced Forecasting Curves tutorial.
- Import Advanced Forecasting Curves with Your Budget Data. You can also import start dates, end dates and curves using the budget import template. See Import a Budget.
- Apply Grouping and Filtering Options. You can also apply existing 'Actuals by Date' and 'Forecast Start Date' filters available with Procore’s budget views to the forecasting view. To learn about these filters, see Apply the View, Snapshot, Group and Filter Options on a Budget or Forecasting View.
- Set Up a New Forecasting View
- If you need to add line items to your budget, you can Import a Budget or Add a Budget Line Item
- Apply Advanced Forecasting Curves
- Apply the View, Snapshot, Group and Filter Options on a Budget or Forecasting View.