For Procore Customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Project Financials. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Specialty Contractor Terminology)
Invoicing Invoicing Progress Billings Owner Funding Owner Owner/Client Owner/Client GC/Client Prime Contract Change Order Funding Change Order Client Contract Change Order Prime Contracts Funding Client Contracts Revenue Funding Revenue Subcontract Contract Subcontract Subcontractor Contractor Subcontractor Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV) Contractor Schedule of Values (CSOV) Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV)
To email an owner invoice to one or more Procore project users.
You can create an owner invoice that bills against a prime contract and then email it to your recipients. If you need to send your invoice to the project owner, this method allows them to view the invoice in your Procore (only they have a Procore user account and you've granted the user access). This proves useful when you want to capture the owner's written approval or rejection reason in writing. Procore automatically stores all replies from recipients in the 'From' address of your outgoing message in the Emails tab of the invoice.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- Additional Information:
- Clicking the Email Invoice button sends a copy of the invoice's 'Detail' tab to the designated recipients.
- Navigate to the Project level Invoicing tool.
- Click the Owner tab.
- Locate the invoice to send by email.
- Click the Invoice # link to open it.
- Click the Emails tab.
- Click Compose Email.
This opens the Compose New Email page.
- Complete the following fields:
- Private. Mark this checkbox to make the email private. Private emails are only shared with the recipient(s) and the sender.
- To. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s).
- CC. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s) to carbon copy. Your name appears here by default.
- BCC. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s) to carbon copy.
- Subject. This field will populate with the number of the invoice. The subject line is added automatically. You can change it if you want.
- Message. Type the body of your email message.
- Attachments. Attach any related documents or files.
- Click Send.
A YELLOW 'Communication Created' banner appears to confirm the outgoing message has been created and added to Procore's outgoing email queue.
- A record of your outgoing message is saved in the 'Emails' tab on the invoice.
- Any messages sent to the 'From' address on your outgoing message are automatically saved in the invoice's 'Emails' tab. This provides your message recipients with the convenience to use the reply feature in their email program. It also captures your collaborator's approve or reject responses in writing.