For Procore Customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Project Financials. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Specialty Contractor Terminology)
Invoicing Invoicing Progress Billings Owner Funding Owner Owner/Client Owner/Client GC/Client Prime Contract Change Order Funding Change Order Client Contract Change Order Prime Contracts Funding Client Contracts Revenue Funding Revenue Subcontract Contract Subcontract Subcontractor Contractor Subcontractor Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV) Contractor Schedule of Values (CSOV) Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV)
To create a payment received record for an owner invoice.
An owner invoice is an itemized record of a financial transaction between a project owner and a company responsible for completing work. Typically, it is issued by a general contractor and submitted to a project owner to signal that payment is due for completed work. When you receive a payment from an owner, you can create a record of that payment in Procore's Invoicing tool using the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Click the Owner tab.
- Locate the owner invoice in the list. The click to open it.
- Click Create Payment.
- Complete the following fields:
- Invoice. Select the associated invoice from the drop-down list.
- Date. Select a date that the payment was received.
- Payment #. Enter the payment number.
- Invoice #. Enter the invoice number for the payment, if applicable.
- Check #: Enter the check number for the payment.
- Notes. Include any additional notes to provide details about the payment.
- Amount. Enter the amount of the payment received.
- Attachments. Include any attachments related to the payment. For example, you might want to attach the check image or the invoice file.
- Click Add. The payment is listed under the 'Contract Summary Report' section in the 'Payments Received' column.
- Click Save.
- You will see a list of all payments received, which you can then export to a PDF by choosing Export > PDF.
- All payments received on the project are tracked in the Contract Summary Report in the Prime Contract tool's General tab (see illustration below).