ImportantIf your company's Procore Administrator has enabled Change Events in the Company Admin tool and added it to your Procore project's 'Project Tools' menu, you will NOT be able to create a potential change order from an RFI. Instead, your configured workflow requires you to follow these steps: Create a Change Event from an RFI
To create a potential change order from an RFI in the project's RFIs tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' permission on the project's RFIs tool.
- The RFI must be created on the project. See Create an RFI.
- The project's prime contract must be in the 'Approved' status. Approve a Prime Contract.
- The Prime Contract tool must also be configured with the two (2) or three (3) tier change order setting. See Configure the Number of Prime Contract Change Order Tiers.
- The Change Events tool has NOT been added to the Project Tools menu.
- You will NOT use the steps below if your company's Procore Administrator has enabled Change Events in the Company Admin tool and added it to the Project Tools menu. Instead, your configured workflow requires you to follow these steps: Create a Change Event from an RFI
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
- Select the RFI from which you want to create the potential change order.
- Click Create Potential CO.
- The Create Potential CO button is only visible and available when the prerequisites above have been satisfied.
- The RFIs information is used to populate the fields in the potential change order.
- Add or edit information as needed.
- Enter a description.
- Add an existing change order request, create a new change order request or do not attach a change order request.
- Add a change reason, who the request was received from, if there is a schedule impact, location, who a reference is and any attachments. You can change the field change, paid in full and void options now or later.
- Click Create to save the PCO without sending an email to members of the distribution list. Click Create and Email to save the PCO and send an email to members of the RFI distribution list.