To upload a schedule file in the Procore web application using the project's Schedule tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Schedule tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you are uploading an updated project schedule using the same file that was previously uploaded to the project's Schedule tool in Procore, the information in the Schedule Change Request History section of the Configure Settings will NOT be cleared.
- Project schedules cannot be edited in Procore. They must always be updated in the third-party software application (e.g., Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject, etc.) and then uploaded into Procore again.
- If you are using Microsoft Project and have a Windows computer, Procore recommends that you update your schedule through Procore Drive. See Integrate a Microsoft Project Schedule using Procore Drive.
Supported File Formats:
The file types listed below can be uploaded directly:
- MPP (Microsoft Project)
- MPX (Microsoft Project, SureTrak)
- XER (Primavera P6, Primavera Contractor)
- PP (Asta Powerproject, Asta Easyplan)
- XML (Formatted for Microsoft Project, e.g. Smartsheet, OpenProject)
- XML (Primavera PMXML)
- PPX (Phoenix Project Manager)
- FTS (FastTrack Schedule)
- POD (ProjectLibre)
- GAN (GanttProject)
- PEP (TurboProject)
- PRX (Primavera P3)
- STX (Primavera SureTrak)
- CDPX (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- CDPZ (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- SP (Synchro Scheduler)
- ZIP (Compressed file containing one of the supported file types listed above)
- Navigate to the project's Schedule tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Select Schedule Settings.
- Under the Upload Project Schedule Files area, choose 'File upload via web browser' or 'File Upload Procore Documents'.
File Upload Via Web Browser
- Upload the file:
- Click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the schedule file on your computer or network. Then click Open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
Note: When the upload is complete, the 'Configure Schedule Successfully' banner appears.
- Verify that your schedule uploaded as expected.
Note: You can click the different option links in the 'View By' menu in the right pane, to change how your schedule information displays.
File Upload Via Procore Documents
- Select File Upload Via Procore Documents.
- In the Schedule Filename Pattern, enter the filename pattern you would like to have automatically uploaded to the Schedule tool. For example, if you prefix your schedule file with the date (e.g. 07-26-17_Construction Schedule.mpp), you can use the asterisk (*) symbol to denote that piece of the filename that will change. For example, you would enter*_Construction Schedule.mpp into the Schedule Filename Pattern field.
- Important! Enter the exact or partial name of your schedule file in the "Schedule Filename Pattern" field. For example, you would enter "Construction Schedule.mpp" into this field. Uploaded files into documents matching this exact filename pattern will be automatically updated into the Schedule tool.
- Tip! When multiple users are accessing the schedule file and you're making changes to the file from the Documents tool, it is recommended that you check out the file so the team members don't overwrite your schedule changes as you're uploading.