To open and save files directly using Procore Drive.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Documents tool in Procore.
- Additional Information:
- The ability to open, edit and then save a document to automatically create a newer version of the file in Procore is only supported in Procore Drive. This functionality is only supported by the following applications: Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Office, Notepad and Wordpad.
- To select multiple items at once, hold down the SHIFT or CONTROL (CTRL) key on your keyboard while clicking on files.
- To navigate back to a previous screen, click the "< >" arrows at the top left of Procore Drive.
- To refresh the tool and item you are viewing within Procore Drive, click the refresh button similar to the one in your web browser.
- In your machine's default text editor, make necessary edits to the file. See Open Files in Procore Drive.
- When you are done, save the file (e.g. click File in the top navigation bar of the application, then Save. Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Office, Notepad and Wordpad.
Note: If your upload fails, you will be prompted to retry the upload or save the file locally to your device until you can try the upload again.
- Procore Drive may then prompt you to add a comment that briefly describes the changes that you made to the file.
- Click Submit.
Note: The new version of the file is automatically saved in Procore. The save action is similar to manually uploading a newer version of a file in Procore and the action will be recorded in the same way. The "Version History" section in the document's Overview page will log the action appropriately and include the revision comments.