To close a deficiency list item from your Android mobile device once all the work for that item has been completed to the assignor's satisfaction.
Closing a deficiency list item is different from marking it as "Resolved" because it signifies that the Deficiency Item Manager reviewed and verified that the issue was resolved. While Assignees on a deficiency list item can mark an item as "Ready for Review," only the Final Approver or an 'Admin' level user can close a deficiency list item.
If you enable a standard user in the configure settings to be selectable as the Deficiency Item Manager, they can perform any action that a regular Deficiency Item Manager can and do not have to be the creator of the deficiency list item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Deficiency List tool.
- A 'Standard' level Creator can only close deficiency list items that they have created when the item's status is in 'Draft,' and 'In Dispute.'
- A 'Standard' level Final Approver can only close deficiency list items when the item's status is marked as 'Ready to Close.'
- A deficiency list item's Final Approver has the authority to close the item. You can assign a default Final Approver to your Deficiency List Templates as well as in your Deficiency List Configuration Settings. See Edit a Project Level Deficiency List Template and Configure Advanced Settings: Deficiency List.
- If a default Final Approver has not been set, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Final Approver.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Deficiency List tool using the Procore app on an Android mobile device.
- Tap the item you want to close.
- Swipe from left to right across the Slide to Close bar.
Note: The item's status will be automatically updated to 'Closed.'