To initiate a new email communication thread by sending an external email to a specific project meeting's Emails tab.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To obtain the meeting's email address from a meeting's Emails tab, 'Admin' level permissions to the project's Meetings tool.
- To initiate a new communication thread for the meeting, no permissions required. Important! Any individual with the specific meeting's email address can start a thread in that meeting's Emails tab.
- Step 1: Obtain the Meeting's Email Address
- Step 2: Start a Communication Thread on the Meeting's Emails Tab
Step 1: Obtain the Meeting's Email Address
- Navigate to the project's Meetings tool.
This reveals the Meeting Agendas/Minutes page.
- Locate the desired meeting in the list. Then click View.
This opens the meeting in view mode.
- Click the meeting's Emails tab.
The email address for the meeting is highlighted in BLUE.
- If you want to provide the email address to others, simply provide it to the desired people. Tip! To provide the address to scheduled attendees, you can copy the email address and paste it into the 'Meeting Overview' field. See Create a Meeting.
Step 2: Start a Communication Thread on the Meeting's Emails Tab
- Open your email program.
- Follow your email program's instructions to create a new email.
- Enter the meeting's email address in the 'To' field.
- Send your email message.
When the system receives the email message, it appears in the meeting's Emails tab as shown below. Note: If the email sender is NOT a person in the Project Directory, the system identifies that person as an 'Unknown User'.