Create a Payment Received
To create a record a payment received in Procore.
You can create a payment received record in Procore using the project's Prime Contracts tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- You can only create a payment if the status of the prime contract is either in the "Approved" or "Complete" state.
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Select the prime contract that you want to work with.
- Click the Create Payment button.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Invoice: Select an invoice from the drop-down to tie that payment to.
- Date: Select the date that the payment was received.
- Payment #: Specify the payment number.
- Invoice #: Enter the invoice number for the payment, if applicable.
- Check #: Enter the check number for the payment.
- Notes: Include any additional notes about the payment.
- Amount: Enter the amount of the payment that was received.
- Attachments: Include any attachments related to the payment (e.g. the check or the invoice related to the payment).
- Click Add. The payment you just created will now be listed in the "Payments Received" section at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save. You will see a list of all payments received, which you can then export to a PDF.
Note: All payments received will also be tracked in the Contract Summary Report in the General tab.
If you would like to learn more about Procore’s prime contract software and how it can help your business, please visit our construction contract management software product page here.