To view a prime contract in a Procore project.
Once created, users with the required user permissions can view a project's prime contracts using the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To view all contracts, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool
- To view contracts marked 'Private', 'Read-Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool and you must be added as a member of the 'Private' list on the prime contract. See Create Prime Contracts.
- To view contracts NOT marked 'Private', 'Read-Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- To view Change Orders NOT marked 'Private' on a Prime Contract NOT marked 'Private', 'Read-Only or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- To view Change Orders marked 'Private' on a Prime Contract NOT marked 'Private', 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- If your project has multiple prime contracts, review: Are there any system limitations when projects have multiple prime contracts?
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Locate the prime contract to view in the Prime Contracts list.
- Click the Number link to open the select prime contract.
- View the contract's information by clicking the following tabs:
If the creator (or any editors) of the prime contract chooses to include the information, this tab contains important overview information, contract dates, additional information about contract inclusions/exclusions, and a financial summary of the prime contract.
- General Information
This area lets you view important background and overview information associated with the contract. This includes the Contract #, Title, Owner/Client, Contractor, Architect/Engineer, Created By, Status, Executed (Yes/No), Private (Yes/No), Default Retainage, and Description. It also includes download links so you can review one or all attachments.
- Contract Dates
This area lets you view these important dates associated with the prime contract: Date Created, Start Date, Estimated Completion Date, Actual Completion Date, Signed Contract Received Date, and Contract Termination Date.
- Additional Information
This area lets you view legal information detailing any inclusions and exclusions associated with the prime contract agreement.
- Contract Summary Report
This area summarizes the financial details of the prime contract in a tabular format. This includes the contract amounts for: Original Contract, Approved Change Orders, Revised Contract, Pending Change Orders, Draft Change Orders, Owner Invoices, Payments Received, Percent Paid, and Remaining Balance Outstanding.
Schedule of Values
This tab lists all of the prime contract's line items in a Schedule of Values (SOV). This lists all the costs associated with prime contract agreement. To learn how to add this information to a prime contract, see Update the Schedule of Values on a Prime Contract.
The Change Orders tab provides an overview of any Prime Contract Change Orders, Potential Change Orders, and Change Order Requests associated with the prime contract. You can view the status, the amount, and due date for each change order. You can export your prime contract or a change order log to the DOCX or PDF file format as well as download individual change orders to the CSV or PDF file format.
The Invoices tab lists all of the owner invoices created on the project. It also shows the 'Payment Due' and 'Percentage Complete' amount. To learn how to create invoices, see Create an Owner Invoice. You can export your prime contract to the DOCX or PDF file format as well as download a list of invoices to the CSV or PDF file format.
The Payments Received tab lists all invoices that have been received. You can also click the Edit button to enter new payments received in the New Payment section. See Create a Payment Received for a Prime Contract.
The Related Items tab lists any related items you may have added to the Prime Contract. Items from any of the other tools in your project can be linked to the Prime Contract. To learn more, see Add a Related Item to a Prime Contract Change Order and What are "related items" in Procore?
The Emails tab lists all of the email messages sent and received in relation to the selected prime contract. To send emails from Procore, simply click New email. To send emails to Procore about this prime contract, send a message to the Procore email address listed in the BLUE information banner. See Email a Prime Contract.
The Change History tab shows the date and time that various actions were performed. See View the Change History of a Prime Contract.
The Financial Markup tab shows the horizontal and vertical markup settings applied to the line items on the contract's change orders. See Add Financial Markup to Prime Contract Change Orders.