To create a revision of an existing submittal using the Project level Submittals tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Submittals tool.
- 'Standard' level users only have permission to revise the submittals they create.
- 'Admin' level users have permission to revise any submittal in a project.
- Additional Information:
- You can only create a revision for the most current revision of submittal (i.e., If a submittal at Revision 0, you can only create Revision 1. If a submittal is at Revision 1, you can only create Revision 2 and so on. You cannot create Revision 3 based on Revision 0). To learn more, see What is a submittal revision?
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
This reveals the Submittals page.
- In the Submittals log, locate the desired submittal. Then click View.
This opens the submittal in view mode.
- In the right pane, click Create Revision.
Note: This button is only visible and available when you are viewing the most current revision of a submittal. You can only create a new revision from the most recent one.
This opens the 'Create Revision' page.
- Scroll to the 'General Information' area and note that all of the general information from the previous revision is inherited. In addition, the revision number is automatically incremented by one (n +1). In the example below, the previous revision number was 1, so Procore automatically increments the new revision number to 2.
Note: The values in the Number & Revision fields cannot be edited at a later time.
- Revise the following submittal information as needed:
Title . The descriptive name that best summarizes the information in the submittal.
Spec Section . Denotes the corresponding section from the project's specifications book (a.k.a., spec book). See Where do the selections in the 'Spec Sections' drop-down list in the Submittals tool come from?
Received From . The contact for the responsible contractor who provided the submittal information to the project team.
Submittal Package. The submittal package that contains the submittal. In Procore, adding submittals to a package is optional. The decision to add submittals to a submittal package is based on your project's requirements, which is determined by your company's or project's management team. For instructions, see Create a Submittal Package .
Status . The current status of the submittal. Only a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Submittals tool can change a submittal's status. See What are the default submittal statuses in Procore? and What is a 'Draft' Submittal?
Cost Code . The cost code for the submittal. See What are Procore's Default Cost Codes?
Type . The information type associated with the submittal. The default type selections in Procore include: Document , Plans , Prints , Product Information , Product Manual , Sample , Shop Drawing , and Other . See Create Custom Submittal Types .
Location . The location at the job site for the submittal. This can be an existing location from the Location list or a tiered location. See Add Tiered Locations to a Project .
Private . Indicates privacy settings for the submittal. When a submittal is marked 'Private', it is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Submittals tool, users in the Submittal Workflow, and members of the submittal's Distribution List. Users with the 'View Private Submittals Associated to Users within Same Company' granular permission enabled on their permission template can also view a submittal marked 'Private' if another user in their company is associated with the submittal. See Mark a Submittal as Private .
Description . Informative details, notes, and/or actions that describe the submittal.
Submittal Workflow . The people assigned to complete the submittal workflow . In Procore, the submittal workflow includes two roles: a submitter and the approvers who are responsible for performing/completing the approval process . Typically, approvers are members of the design team.
Distribution List . The people who will receive email notifications from Procore as the submittal progresses through the submittal workflow . If your project team has created any distribution lists in the Project Directory, you can select those lists here. See Add a Distribution Group to the Procore Directory ).
Related Items . Any related items that have been added to the submittal (i.e., drawings, documents, plans, and so on). See Add a Related Item to a Submittal .
Custom Fields . If your company has added custom text fields for use with the Submittals tool, enter the required data as specified by your project team in these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Submittals Tool .
- Choose from the following:
- Create & Send Emails: Use this option to create the new submittal revision and send it to the designated submittal approver(s), as well as all members on the submittal's distribution list (optional).
- Create But Do Not Send Emails: Use this option to only create the new revision but not send any email notification.