To create your company's default Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
When you are setting up your Work Breakdown Structure for the first time, you have a choice between using the default budget code and structure that comes with Procore or you can customize this structure to create your own company level WBS. This tutorial provides you with an overview of the the steps you take to customize Procore's default WBS for your company's Procore account. If you are customizing your WBS, you'll want to complete this step before customizing your WBS for your individual projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool.
- Your company's Procore account must first receive the Work Breakdown Structure update. See Introducing Work Breakdown Structure.
When getting started with WBS, you can use Procore's default WBS or you can add custom segments. The steps below assume you want to add custom segments to your company's budget code structure.
- Create your custom segments and add custom segment items as follows:
Note: To learn more, see What are segments and segment items?
- If you need to make changes to your segments, it is recommended that you do that now:
- If you want to add custom segment items to your default segments, do the following:
- Add Company Cost Codes
- Add Company Cost Types
Want to view your cost codes and cost types? To view your existing cost code and cost type segment settings, see:
How do we manage 'Sub Jobs'? You can enable the optional 'Sub Job' segment in the Company level Admin tool. See Enable Sub Jobs for WBS. However, in WBS, the 'Sub Job' segment is managed in the Project level Admin tool. You can add sub jobs as you would add any other segment item. To learn how, see Add Segment Items to a Project.
- Now that your segments appear as you want them, you can configure your company's budget code structure as follows: