To copy users and contacts in the Directory of one project to another project.
If you are responsible for creating or managing a project in Procore, you can quickly copy users and contacts in the Directory of an existing project to another project. This prevents you from having to enter the user's data manually in situations where all the project team participants have previously been added to one of your company's existing projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Admin tool.
- If the 'Copy Directory From' drop-down menu is not visible or available, your company's Procore Administrator will need to submit a request to enable this feature to your Procore point of contact.
- There must be at least one (1) in your company account to use as the source project. See Add a New Project.
- There must be at least one (1) user profile in the source project. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- On the 'General' page of 'Project Settings', select the project you want to copy from the Copy Directory From drop-down menu.
Note: The drop-down menu is located in the 'Advanced' section on the 'General' page.
- Click Update.
The system copies the people (contacts or user records) from the source project into your current project.