To close a deficiency list item once all the work for that item has been accepted.
Closing a deficiency list item is different from marking it as "Resolved" because it signifies that the Deficiency Item Manager reviewed and verified that the issue was resolved. While Assignees on a deficiency list item can mark an item as "Ready for Review," only the Final Approver or an 'Admin' level user can close a deficiency list item.
If you enable a standard user in the configure settings to be selectable as the Deficiency Item Manager, they can perform any action that a regular Deficiency Item Manager can and do not have to be the creator of the deficiency list item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Deficiency List tool.
- A 'Standard' level Creator can only close deficiency list items that they have created when the item's status is in 'Draft,' and 'In Dispute.'
- A 'Standard' level Final Approver can only close deficiency list items when the item's status is marked as 'Ready to Close.'
- A deficiency list item's Final Approver has the authority to close the item. You can assign a default Final Approver to your Deficiency List Templates as well as in your Deficiency List Configuration Settings. See Edit a Project Level Deficiency List Template and Configure Advanced Settings: Deficiency List.
- If a default Final Approver has not been set, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Final Approver.
View as: Superintendent
- Navigate to your project's Deficiency List tool.
- Click Edit next to the item you want to close.
- Close the item by choosing one of the following options:
- Click Close Deficiency List Item
- Select 'Closed' from the status drop-down list and click Save.
Note: If the 'Closed' item is linked to a drawing, the Deficiency List icon will appear gray on the associated drawing.