To create deficiency list item templates at the Project level.
If you're a Deficiency List tool Admin, you may find it useful to add custom deficiency list item templates. While Procore provides a default library of common deficiency list items for all companies, you can add your own custom templates for deficiency list items specific to your project. These templates can be organized by type and configured to include a default trade, Punch Manager, Assignee and Final Approver for the item. These templates are only available for use on a mobile device; when a team member creates a new deficiency list item from a mobile device, they can select one of these templates, which will auto-fill fields with default information. You can then add or edit any information as needed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Deficiency List tool.
- Deficiency List templates are only available for use on a mobile device.
- To manage Deficiency List templates at the Company level so that the template will appear on all projects, see Create a Company Level Deficiency Item Template.
- Navigate to the project's Deficiency List tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Deficiency List Templates.
- Scroll to the category under which you would like to create a template.
Note: If no categories are present, follow the steps in Create a Quick Deficiency Category on a Project.
- Enter the following information in the empty fields.
- Template Name: Enter the name of the template. This will populate in the subject of the deficiency list item.
- Default Trade: Select the trade that is associated with the deficiency list item.
- Default Punch Item Manager: Select a default Deficiency Item Manager who will oversee the item throughout its entire lifecycle.
Note: If no Deficiency Item Manager is selected, Procore will default to the Deficiency Item Manager defined in the Deficiency List tool's settings. If no Deficiency Item Manager is defined in the Deficiency List tool's settings, Procore will list the item's Creator as the Deficiency Item Manager.
- Default Assignee: Select a default Assignee who will be responsible for resolving these items.
- Default Final Approver: Select a default Final Approver who will have the authority to close the item.
Note: If no Final Approver is selected, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Final Approver.
- Active: Mark the checkbox to make this template available to team members.
- Click Add.