Also available on
To create and update timecard entries using the 'Bulk Time Entry' button in the Project level Timesheets tool.
With the Bulk Time Entry button in the Timesheets tool, you can apply the same information to the timecard entries for your crews and employees on a single timesheet. Simply select the timecard entries to modify on a timesheet and then click the Bulk Time Entry button to reveal a section that allows you to update the selected timecard entries at once.
You are a concrete foreman who wants to create timecard entries on a daily timesheet to record that all of your crew members who worked 8 hours pouring concrete. However, 2 of those crew members worked 2 hours of overtime cleaning up.
- Using the bulk entry options, you can perform a bulk action to create a timecard entry for all of the crew members who worked 8 hours at one time.
- After completing that entry, you can use the bulk entry option again to add a line time for the two employees who worked 2 hours of overtime.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create a timesheet and bulk edit timecard entries, 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Timesheets tool.
- To create a timesheet and bulk edit timecard entries in any status, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Timesheets tool.
- To bulk edit timecard entries on an existing timesheet, 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions with the Review & Edit Timesheets granular permission on the project's Timesheets tool
- Users with the granular permission can only edit a timesheet in the 'Pending' status.
- Depending on your user access permissions, you may also be able to perform some bulk actions on your project's timecard entries and timesheets in the Company level Timesheets tool. See Perform Bulk Actions in the Company Level Timesheets Tool, Edit Your Company's Timesheets in Bulk, and Duplicate Your Company's Timesheets in Bulk.
- Additional Information:
- You can create one (1) daily timesheet per date.
- You can create a daily timesheet for any past, current, or future date. By default, the 'Select Date' field on the 'Create Daily Timesheet page is set to the current date.
- Your daily timesheet must include at least one (1) timecard entry for any worker or employee for whom you want to log time on a given date.
- Each employee or worker can have multiple timecard entries on a daily timesheet.
- Zero (0) hour timecard entries are supported. This provides your team with the flexibility it needs to enter time off and per diem.
- In your environment, some fields may be configured to be required, optional, or hidden. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets and Which fields in the Timesheets tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
- You can create Project and Company level custom reports and use the Timesheets tool for source data. See Create a Custom Project Report.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create. Then select New Daily Timesheet from the drop-down menu.
- In the 'Add Employees' window, select the checkboxes next to the employees and crew members you want to bulk enter time for.
- To appear in this list, the person must be added to a Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a User Account in the Project Directory.
- Employees who are only entered in the Company Directory can be selected if the 'Can company employees be tracked on all projects?' setting is enabled. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- With the setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects" enabled, you must have at least 'Read Only' permissions on the Company Directory tool to see all employees and workers.
- To select a crew, a crew must first be created in the Crews tool. For more information, see Create a Crew.
- Click Add.
- Mark the checkboxes next to the employees you would like to enter the same time information for.
- Click the Bulk Time Entry button.
- Select the timecard entries that you want to update in bulk:
- To select all timecard entries, mark the checkbox to the left of the Bulk Time Entry button.
- To select specific timecard entries, mark only the checkboxes that you want to update in bulk.
- Click any of these fields on the timesheet to update the information:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Optional fields can be enabled/disabled on the Configure Settings page. See Configure Advanced Settings: Project Level Timesheets.
- Optional: Classification: Select a classification from the drop-down list. The selections are added to Procore by your company's Procore Administrator. See Add a Classification.
- Optional: Sub Job: Select from the drop-down list. The selections are added by a tool administrator. See Add 'Sub Job' Segment Items to a Procore Project.
- *Cost Code: Enter or select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the timecard entry.
The selections that are available in the 'Cost Codes' drop-down list depend on how the 'Limiting Cost Codes by Cost Types' setting is configured in your Company level Timesheets tool. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets. In addition, one (1) of the following items must also be true on your project:
- Location: Select from the drop-down list. This entry corresponds to the location where the user performed the work. If you have the appropriate permissions to add a location, see How do I add a multi-tiered location to an item?
- Time Entry
- Start and Stop Time Entry Method
If your company is configured to use this 'Time Entry' method, you'll see the following fields along with the project's default time values.
Note: You will only see the Start, Stop and Lunch fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Project Level Timesheets.
- *Start Time: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. The amount of time you select is subtracted from the Total Time. Select from the following options:
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Total Hours Entry Method
If your company is using configured to use this 'Time Entry' method, enter the total number of hours worked in the Hours field.
- Start and Stop Time Entry Method
- Time Type: Select the type of pay being entered from the drop-down menu. Select from the following options:
Note: To add custom time types for this list, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
Note: Time types can be created in the Company level Timecard tool (see Add a Custom Time Type) or the Company level Timesheets tool (see 'Manage Time Types' in Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets).
- Billable: If the hours entered are billable, select Yes from the drop-down list. If the hours entered is not billable, click No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the timecard entry.
- Add Line Item. Click this link to add a new timecard entry to the timesheet.
Note: If using the Start and Stop 'Time Entry' method, the new line's Start Time will account for time already entered, and the new line's Stop Time will reflect the default Stop Time in your settings. Any time entered after the default Stop Time will be added in one hour increments.
- In the 'Bulk Entry' section, click the Apply button.
A banner appears at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.
- Optional: If you want to create another bulk entry, clear the checkboxes and then select the ones that apply for your next entry and repeat the steps above.