To configure advanced settings for the project's Timesheets tool.
When you configure your timesheets settings, you can configure how time is tracked when employees enter time into their timecards. Additionally, you can track employee's field location when they clock in and out using a geofence. A geofence is a virtual boundary around a geographic area, typically a job site, that can track when an employee enters or exits the boundaries with a mobile device. Users can be prompted to clock in or clock out when entering or exiting a geofence.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can configure some fields to be required, optional, or hidden on a project. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets and Which fields in the Timesheets tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
- When you edit the 'Time Entry Settings' on a Procore project, updated settings are applied only to future timesheets. Updates to settings are NOT retroactively applied to existing timesheets.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Under 'Time Entry Settings', select the format for Time Entry on timecards:
- Total Hours allows users to enter the total number of hours worked.
- Start Time and Stop Time allows users to enter the exact hour and minute that they started and stopped work, and account for lunch times.
- Select the default start and stop times that display on timecards.
- Under 'Lunch Tracking Settings', select the format for Lunch Tracking on timecards.
Note: Time entered for lunch is deducted from the total hours on a timecard when tracking breaks using 'Total Time' or 'Start and Stop Time'.
- Total Time tracks the total number of minutes a break was taken.
- Start and Stop Time tracks the exact times that a person took their break.
- None does not track breaks in Timesheets.
- If tracking lunch breaks, select the default lunch time to display on timecards.
BetaMark whether 'Employees Can Select Non-Budgeted Items'. Learn more about this setting and the Task Codes Beta.
- Move the toggle to the ON position to allow employees to track time ot non-budgeted items.
- Move the toggle to the OFF position to require employees track time only to budgeted items.
- Under 'Employee Location Tracking' move the toggle to the ON position to Enable Employee Location Tracking.
- Set the Geofence Distance by clicking and moving the slider to the desired geofence perimeter.
- Click Update.